A few days ago I found that I wanted to create a browser extension for fixing some things that annoyed me about Jira, so I started my Journey of learning how to do this for Chrome. I had in the past written an extension for Firefox and I am not sure if it is because I did it so long ago or because chrome system is more friendly, but I felt this time was a lot easier.
Setting up the environment
The step of setting up the environment is extremely easy. Chrome gives you a lot of flexibility to do things the way you like, so basically the first thing you need is a folder and a manifest.json file inside of it. Here is an example of one: